Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stock Check

It's been 4 months of partial breastfeeding. I've decided to stop. My wrists are hurting due to hormonal imbalance - TCM doc said this is mummy's hands syndrome. And yet, despite my hurting wrists that render me sometimes unable to look after baby, deep down, I really want to provide for him. Especially now that he's prone to falling sick quite easily due to the bronchiolitis he contracted. But I reckon as long as I'm still breastfeeding, the hormonal imbalance will be there.

It's been a roller coaster time breastfeeding baby. First, bb couldn't latch properly. Then the cracked, sore nips and the physical pain. Then the supply being affected. The lack of sleep having to wash and sterilise the pumps, and of course the milk expression. It has been indeed depressing.

I guess I really should pat myself on the back for persisting for 4 months when it should have ended 3 months ago.

Now that it has come to an end, the next thing I could do for baby is really to prepare for the introduction of solids to baby. Wow... another milestone approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment