Monday, February 28, 2011

The Decision Is Made

We've decided to withraw Junior from the current chilcare centre. But we've not secured another place for him. By now, Berry and I agree that we need to take this whole consideration to a higher level. We're no longer looking at primary care for Junior. It has to go beyond this. It has to be able to provide Bay with a wholesome development.

We've 2 in consideration. One near my parents' home and another near our workplace. Though placing him near my parents' place provides loads of convenience for us, like being able to work late, I have my reservations, especially when my parents are busy people with their many activities. I don't want J to become their burden, having to make sure they fetch him to their home before the centre closes.

Placing him near where we work means he's closer to us and we're able to be in the know firsthand if J falls sick and needs to be taken home. Besides, the philosophy of this centre better fits the GD baby program. BUT, yes, a big BUT, they're twice as expensive. If I decide to quit working, I don't think we can afford his fees for long. AND, yes, a big AND, it's a strain on our timing. J has to be picked up latest by 7pm. Frankly, it doesn't fit our current work situation.

And so, still thinking and praying about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment